October 7, 2016 was an evening full of emotions for the members of team Info Baignade. After having watched some great pitches by the other finalists, it was finally their time to pitch their machine learning based water monitoring system.
The jury was composed of Caroline Losson (Keurig Canada), Jean-François Barsoum (IBM), Philippe de Gaspé Beaubien, Mylène Paquette and Mitch Garber (Caesars Acquisition and Cirque du Soleil).
Each solution was evaluated according to a predefined set of criteria :
- Completeness of developed solution
- Quality and innovation of solution
- Quality of the presentation
- Whether or not the application addresses a real issue
- Bonus : solution is developed on the IBM Bluemix platform
After what seemed like very long hours of waiting, team InfoBaignade was announced as the big winner of the challenge. In total, 27 teams had competed for the grand prize.